1 What information is collected and why
Users are asked to provide the following personal details for registration on the website:
- e-mail address
- title, name
- postal address
Website registration is required before a manuscript can be submitted or subscriptions or newsletters received. The information is used to provide the service requested by the user and to ensure standards of scientific integrity.
1.2 Submission and publication of a manuscript
Authors are asked to provide the following personal details when submitting a manuscript (in addition to the details required for registration):
- e-mail address of first and corresponding authors
- postal address of first and corresponding authors
- These details are used to facilitate scientific communication. When a manuscript is published, certain details of the first and corresponding authors (names, e-mail address, postal address) and all authors (names, affiliations) are made available. Visitors to the website and subscribers to our journals can view this information. Our journals are also abstracted and indexed in various databases (see the page for each journal for details).
1.3 Non-registered users
1.4 Submission of a CV
When a CV is submitted via the website to apply for a job with Spandidos Publications, the information is used to assess the suitability for the role and to contact you regarding the status of the application.
1.5 ConferenceFor attendees of conferences run by Spandidos Publications, information may be collected with regard to dietary and other requirements and may be passed on to third parties, including caterers. The information is used to ensure that the best possible service is provided.
Information is held for as long as it is relevant, or until you request that we remove it. Users may decline to provide personal information, but we may not be able to deliver the service requested.
Payment for publication and submission is carried out via bank transfer or credit card using a third party, so we do not collect or store payment information.
2 Disclosure of information
Information about users of the website is not disclosed or sold except as described. Information may be disclosed without your consent
- if required by law
- to law enforcement authorities following a reasonable request
- to prevent, investigate or take action against actual or suspected illegal activity, physical harm or financial loss
- if part or all of the company or its assets are sold or transferred
The information we collect is kept secure via the use of administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration.
4 How to access and change information
The information you provide can be accessed and updated by logging in to the website and changing your details. A copy of the personal information held can be provided following a written request and a small administrative fee may be charged for this service.